Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

Why is it humorous when an elderly lady like 'Blanch' of Golden girls is 'loose' with her morals, but.....

....not so much if it were a younger female playing the same role?

Yeah Kelly Bundy was funny, but was she nearly as bad as Blanche? LOL.

And from what I've gathered here, once you hit a certain age and if you conduct yourself as a lady most of the time, you can be loose and it's acceptable, huh? Interesting. LOL.

Favorite Answer

Because MOST younger people thought and still do think sex stops once you turn 50 or 60. Blanche was a southern belle who was more flirt than action, in other words alot of talk. That's WHY it was funny. However the writers were also making a point that just because one is older doesn't mean life stops and you sit in a rocking chair. They made some good points about things that could happen to older people.

With the onset of aids and other stds in the 80s sleeping around by anyone of any age became dangerous so it's no more acceptable for older women and men to do that than it is for younger people. However hopefully everyone gets it NOW to use condemns, not have multiple partners and get regular checkups for stds as well as for unplanned pregnancies, although if you're using protection andthe young woman is taking her birth control there should be NO surprises.

I think it's awful, either way.

But the way I see it, they're probably rationalizing that Blanch has lived her life through the hard times, and the good. So much, that she has enough experience to go into a relationship fully prepared.

I dont think its the age that makes the difference, I think its all in how its done. And even though Blance is somewhat a freak, she still carry herself like a lady and when it comes to a man she has high standards.

because 'Blanch' has been apparently doing it her whole life. It is really all she thinks about.

A younger woman would be a different setting...especially with the other two older women and the mother.

Because Blanch is old and has lived her life, she gets to be a ho now.

i think it's to prove the point that just because you're old doesn't mean you can't have fun and be sexy. Everybody needs a little lovin sometime, even those in their Golden years!

you mean you didn't think Kelly Bundy was a funny character?

• Rachel

Because she's old and it's viewed at that point as cool and funny.

old people with cooties = funny

good question...I have no answer