Love or hate Picasso?

Favorite Answer

Love it...some of it I wouldn't put on my wall, but it is always interesting to look at.

Picasso was a wonderful artist, with a slightly aschew view of the world. My personal favorite piece he did was called "The Watering Hole". it's a pen and ink of several indiand on horse-back at the edge of a lake. VERY hard to find and info on it though.

I don't mind Picasso's work, but I find her earlier drawings much more to my liking and more approachable then his later work. His thought process behind his work however, needs to be understood then his paintings seem more acceptable.

I admire his genius, and recognize that he was the co-founder of cubism....he painted an unbelieveable amount of canvases...over 13,000! I much prefer his sculptures to his painting......Many don't realize that his "cube" paintings were not ALL his works. His portraits are beautiful, especially Garcon a la Pipe.

However, as an art form, I personally find cubist style uncomfortable to look at.

Wouldn't say I love him, nor hate him....

Not a HUGE picasso lover...although I think Guernica is a very powerful piece--

• doc

love him of course he was the coyote trickster of his age in art and he was a genius that dared to sstep out of the box at any tie and throw a little art material around. His drawing ability was uncanny at even his early years and his ability tosee the essence of art change and be in on so much of it was legendary obviously he did somethng right because you ask the question years after his death.

Picasso sad, I have had lucky....the World recognized me.

Personally, I am not such a big fan of his. Contrary to the establishment of colour paints and pencils after his name, his paintings were not that colourful. They represented monologue. Another reason could be that portraits are not really my type. My favourite painting is Vinci's Scream!

Used to hate him when I was purely into realism, but now that I understand a little more I find some of his works visionary and inspiring.

I love it, art is all about manipulating the norm to your own tastes and originality to me. He did that very well, i'm not a great fan of the rose period but I love everything else!

• Linda

I used to really dislike him when I was younger, I didn't understand his thought process, now I like some of his work. I find it intriguing, compelling and insightful to the human condition. None of us are perfect, we are all distorted either through our emotions, thoughts, or appearance. Now I get him......