In need of advice, should I change my daughters daycare?

Here is my dilemma....I had put my 2 yr old daughter and I on a waiting list for a townhouse about 20 minutes from where I live now (with my parents) I plan on going to the community college out there also, there is a daycare right in the townhouse complex too, which is also open more hours and times than the one she goes to now, I am looking for a job out there, and basically switching everything out that way, but my problem is I am having a hard time with the idea of changing her daycare because I went through a couple before finding this one and the one she's at now and has been for quite awhile is just great! I have been happy with it, and she loves it and has gotten so used to going there and to all her friends and caregivers there, so I am afraid to change that, but my other option would be to have a much longer wait for an apartment in this area, and stay here and work around here, and just drive there 2 days a week for school, any advice is appreciated, thanks

Favorite Answer

you should do what you feel best for you and your baby. life will change all the time so i think your kid will adapt to it because she is young u know? there are friends everywhere, you just have to find them.

good luck :)

Well i have a 2 1/2 yr old son. He is a big mommas boy. He took some time on getting use to daycare without momma being there. He has changed daycare a couple of times. My suggestion is to change when you move it be easy for you, but since your parents live closer to the daycare she is at now whenever you go see them you can invite her friends somewhere where them can still spend time with them. It is hard moving with children. It may take some time for her to get use to the new setting, but she will. She is still young enough that her memory fades rather quickly.

For the long term goal, you should set yourself up to live and work in the area that offers the greatest opportunity for you to live the lifestyle you desire.

For the short term goal, you should begin using daycare facilities in the new area on a part-time basis. Maintain the child's stability by keeping her in the daycare that she's currently in. But, rather than keeping that facility as the "only one"... allow it to serve as the "primary one." Put your daughter in the new daycare, and allow it to serve as the "secondary one."

This will enable your daughter to adjust to the new environment, and make new friends... while maintaining stability, and keeping the friends she already has.

As time passes, and she develops friendships at the "new daycare," gradually convert the new daycare into the "primary facility" and the daycare you're currently using into the "secondary facility." And, when you think the time it right, stop using the "secondary facility" (the place you currently use).

Allow your daughter to keep friends from the daycare she's currently in. Talk with parents and get them to agree to do things that will enable the kids to spend play time together, occasionally.

You may find that this strategy will also generate new friendships for you.

I think you should keep your daughter where she is now. It's hard to find a daycare that you are comfortable with and one that your daughter likes. You should just wait. Things will fall into place when it's the right time. The move to the new apartment will already be traumatic enough for her and to put her into a new daycare would be even worse. Keep her where she's at.

If your daughter was younger I would say make the change. However, I will agree with most everyone here and keep her where she is. I have a 3yo and 1yo and will tell you from experience, when my son turned 2 changes to environment started to become more problematic for him and has gradually gotten worse as he turned 3. Kids will adjust in time, but changing homes, day-care and other routines all at once may be too much. Start with one change at a time and slowly work your way up from there.

Always remember that kids bounce! No, dont drop her!! lol But, they have this amazing ability to cope with change. More so than us adults. She is young enough that it isnt going to damage her in anyway to move. You need to make the best life decisions for you (at this time!), and if that includes changing her life and how it is situated, the best for you, is the best for her. What do you want? Ask and answer that. I assure you, that no matter what the change, it wont affect her forever! It is hard changing anything for your child, and being comfortable with those changes. The only thing that you can do, is honestly be able to say to yourself, that you made the best decision you possibly could at the time! Good Luck!! You sound like you have family behind you, they will help you through the bad times!

• eric l

Change happens. Children are more resilient than adults. She will make new friends. She will warm to new teachers.

I suggest that the problem is that you are having problems letting go. You probably have been through turbulent times and would do anything to avoid that level or turbulence again.

Changing day care and moving out o your parents house is not going do this. It will be fine if you have the gumption to give it a try.

go and check out the new daycare on your spare time. you should feel good about the change before you switch her. daycares usually don't have a problem with a parent coming in and sitting in for a while to see if it's what they want for their child. if its good and it helps you out more then go for it. children are very adaptable when their young and she will get used to the new one too! GOOD LUCK!!

It might be too many changes at once for her. Wait until you get settled into your new home, community, school schedule before making the choice. She will really benefit from having the consistency right now.

Source(s): M.Ed Counseling Psych, Infant-Toddler Trainer for Childcare Providers

if you want to find a day care where you are going do it. she will get use of the new and meet new children.