--
-- asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 decade ago

What do you think about catching up with an old friend?

It has just occured to me that I could call up an old friends parents house during the holidays and she'd probably be there. I haven't seen her in years. And I haven't heard anything about how she is. How would you respond to someone who called you up out of the blue? It's been at least 7 years, we were friends and more in high school.

what would you say?

Favorite Answer

old friends are the best kind of friends. they'll be with you throughout your life as they know you better than anyone. they are people who you could fall out of touch with for 20 years, you call them one day and it's like you never skipped a beat. The friendships are pure and aren't based on status or interests, but rather the innocense of companionship. call your friend.

To me, friends are very important and if she mean anything to you then go for it. I would be happy if a friend who I havent spoken to in 7 or more years called me up, I would be thrilled to see them and reminisce about old times. Maybe at first you may be skeptical as to what the person may say or if you would know what to say to them, but I think if you were good friends you will just pick up where you left off. Go watch a movie or something and laugh your hearts out, "Home alone" is great this time of year, I always laugh when I watch it, and I have been watching it every year, lol. So do it today, dont wait until time runs out. All the best and let me know how things went.

I think you should go for it! What's the worst that can happen? (Either she wouldn't be there, or is and says she doesn't want to talk, but the beauty of the telephone is that it isn't face-to-face.) I think she will probably be flattered that you thought of her and anxious to catch up.

I would be careful about when you call- given that this is the holiday season, many people have family visiting and are busy with holiday events. You may want to call in the afternoon-- around 2 or 3, and make sure that you don't call on the 24th or 25th.

Good Luck! I hope that she's as happy to talk to you as you are eexcited to contact her. Happy Holidays!

Absolutely..I recently tracked down a good friend who we had lost contact for 3 yrs....best Christmas present I could have received.

i would say that if u feel as if would b a good thing to do then go for it but if u think that things will b kind o akward and such then u dont but all i have to say is if u really miss your friend u should

Go for it! She might be thinking the same thing about you! Good luck! Merry Christmas! ♥

well, it'll be fun 2 meet an old friend, whom you haven't seen for years.

I think it's a great idea! Something must be urging you to...you should probably go with your instincts and call her!

Try it, but don't expect things to pick up easily. Sometimes friends can drift apart. Nevertheless, it doesn't hurt to try.

WOULD BE SUSPICIOUS AND EXPECT THEM TO SAY THEY LOST A LOVED ONE, CALLING ME FROM JAIL OR MAYBE JUST WANT TO ASK FOR MONEY.

BUT AFTER I REALIZE THEY JUST WANT TO FIND OUT HOW AM DOING , I WOULD BE REALLY CHAFFED AND ASK THEM OUT FOR COFFEE OR SOMETHING.