Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

why do men put there coats round a girl to keep warm?

just want to know do they do it to get to have sex with the girl or do they do it cause the guy likes the girl

Favorite Answer

Being a gentleman

They are probably doing it to be a gentlemen and show to you that they care and are willing to risk the cold just to make sure you don't have too. I highly doubt a guy attempting to put a coat around a girl to keep warm is his way of trying to get laid unless this guy is a complete moron or is using his acting like a gentlemen to get some (which some guys do unfortunately). However, I sincerely doubt that this was his intention and I especially wouldn't think so just basing it on solely on the fact that he gave you his coat to wear. Just be thankful for having a guy that seems to be very sweet and sincere and cares about you:) He sounds like a good guy so I wouldn't necessarily worry about it unless he gives you some other sort of indication of his intentions that lead you to believe otherwise. Take care and good luck:)

Here's how it goes.... girl feels cold, becomes gloomy; guy puts his coat around girl, girl starts feeling warm and cheers up; girl thinks guy is the best in the world for saving her from her predicament and wants to return the favour; when returning the coat, girl realises that guy is cold and wants to warm him; how about abit of cuddling; cuddling leads to desire and passion; both guy and girl reach point of no return and......... BANG!!

So.... yes using the cover of being sweet, kind and caring gentlemen, men give up their coats jus so they can win the ultimate prize.... he he he

Source(s): Experience

He's being nice. Don't question it. Accept it. Say "Thank You." If they want sex they will give you other clues. The coat thing just means he some home training, at least.

Mens' coats are bigger (generally), and can cover more surface area. So, if I were cold, I would prefer a guys coat.

I've always shared my coat if my date was cold. It's just something I was brought up to do. Most guys do it for girls they are interested in and like.

Its better to have her warm and active in the bed rather than cold and shivering aint it?....lol

well isnt that a wonderful way to say i care for you?

some men, not all, do just want to look after there woman and make sure that every-thing's perfect. then some creeps do it to sort of say ''I'm a man your a woman, there I've done my bit now you've got to do yours'' and look all smug about it and that's not just me being paranoid or stupid I've known blokes who are obviously out for one thing.

Well, I do it when it's cold because I care about the woman, and want her to be comfortable, ie warm...

not because i want to have sex with her (though i probably do want that), but simply because i care...

The sole reason is to protect the lady from vulnerable conditions eg from cold,rain etc.