Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 decade ago

Cleansing for dog nipples? (Sorry so gross)?

My dog is pregnant and her nipples are really big and full of dirt (that won't come off) I have tried to soak her in the tub and then gently scrub her, but the dirt never comes off! Does anyone have a cleaning solution?

Thanks for all your great answers!

I called my vet and they said it really isn't anything to worry about. I need to try to keep them as clean as possible and unless they are hard, she should be healthy. : )

Thanks again.

• Cara B
    Favorite Answer

Use Bag Balm on her nipples until she has the puppies, and then after they are weaned. That will help keep them in good condition and the 'dirt' will work its way off.

I used it on my dog when I got her, she was a puppymill dog so her nipples were a mess. The skin is now soft and healthy rather than dry and cracked.

Could it possibly be that she has specks on her skin and not dirt? I had a dog once who always had little black specks b/c that was her skin color.

If you can't get them clean with water and shampoo, they might be dog freckles. I would still call a vet and make sure she doesn't have something going wrong.

If it was dirt, it would wash off. Take her to the vet and have him check her over.

it might just be dirt stains my dogs have that on their bodies

• rams

It is not dirt. It is dried up secretions. Just leave it as it is.

What I did is sat down in fron of the TV and pick that gunk out.

Use a warm towel and patience.

This happened to my dog and this is what I did.

hEATHER, I don't know of a solution, but why not ask a vet?

Source(s): Life