Is it OK to by-pass the weigh station scales if your Bob-Tail ?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Weigh Stations are for more than weighing trucks. They are also compliance assurance stations and money makers for the state. This means all trucks need to pull in if they are open. They might do a spot inspection on your unit (checking brakes is a lot easier on a b-tail verses a whole rig for example) or check your log book.

• 1 decade ago

I believe the purpose of the weigh station is to make sure your cargo is not overloaded and not exceeding maximum capacity. So, if you are Bob-tail you are not carrying a load. So,I don't think so.

• 1 decade ago

You still have to stop at the scales! Any commercial vehicle over 10,000 GVWR is required to stop. If soes not matter if you are loaded, unloaded or bob tail!

Source(s): 27 years in the auto business
  • 1 decade ago

You need to pull into the station, they may wave you through or may stop you to check your log book for time violations.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Thats a big ten four good buddy , put the peddle to the medal

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If they are open you have to enter. But you can go through the empty lane and probably won't even get looked at.

• 1 decade ago

It would depend on the DOT for that state.

• 4 years ago

No, I made that mistake and received a 427.00 ticket. that will not happen again.

• 1 decade ago

NO NO NO NO but id like to see you try.

• 1 decade ago

no, if u r they wil wave you on, but DO NOT PASS them up, could mean a ticket 4u

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.