Can an egg breakfast casserole and baked french toast be made and cooked the day before a party?

Obviously, these would both be reheated on the day of the party.

Favorite Answer

Made ahead yes, the night before, cooked ahead I wouldn't.

While I don't mind day old scrambled eggs (cause that's essentially what breakfast casserole is) many people don't. Sometimes, but not always, the eggs develope a runny consistency or get rubbery. Limit the milk you will use by a 1/2 cup or so, and this should alleviate the amount of liquid run off you may experience.

French toast is awesome the next day. But I do mine in a pan and freeze it, then take it out when I need it and toast it in the toaster for 4-6 minutes. It re-crisps up then and is awesome.

Yes. Try under cooking each one by a few minutes so that reheating them doesn't overcook. I've made a frittata all the time on the weekends and heat up pieces in the microwave for breakfast during the week. I think it actually gets better!

i admire all of them! hard question. The veggie omelet sounds good. I additionally like turkey breakfast sausage and eggs! i do no longer consume purple meat so turkey tastes super to me. I additionally love french toast. hard to p.c.. because i'm a huge breakfast person! yet once I had to p.c.., it may be vegetable omelet with mushrooms and onions and green peppers and cheese too. Peace and reward costly Scooter!

Of course, u know, I m learning French! My teacher told me that I could cook a croque monsieur(French toast with tomato , eggs and camembert(musty cheese but delicious]. Try to cook french sticks and chips or shrimps!And I forgot to answer to ur question... is...NO!

yes the results will not be fantastic but still edible ..be sure to fru fru the french tst with a little sprinkle of icing sugar.

no, they'll start to smell

Source(s): experiance