Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 1 decade ago

What to do about my friend and neighbor?

She's an older lady who lives alone and her daughter and granddaughter do nothing at all to help her. I have grown very close to her and do all I can to help her out but sometimes she makes me feel so bad, like what I did wasn't good enough. Or sometimes when she ask me to do something I may be sick (I am disabled with a number of health problems) or have plains and she doesn't come right out and say it but she makes me feel like I've let her down. I've tried to talk to her about this and she says she's not trying to it but that hasn't stopped her from doing it again. I feel like the Lord has put it on me to help her and I like do it, most of the time, it's all the other things that she says that hurt. Is there something else I can say to reach her without hurting her feels as well. She's not always like that and she really does my help. Any good ideas?

Favorite Answer

I think it's great that you help her when you can, especially with all of your own problems health wise. I think she doesn't mean to make you feel guilty, but has become attached to you and misses you when you aren't there. My wife has an elderly friend like that who is 89 yrs old. My wife will go and visit her and every time she gets ready to leave the lady will say no, not yet...you can't go yet. It always makes my wife feel so guilty. Just tell her that you will be back soon and you are only a phone call away. You have to try to explain to her that you are also disabled so you can't always be there as planned. God bless you for being such a good person.

I will say this and only this. If the Lord put this upon your heart to help this woman then do it as unto the Lord and never mind what she does. He didn't tell you to do this so you could get what you want from it. So what if she is ungrateful. When the Lord calls you to do something we are suppose to do it with a cheerful heart. So do it and quit your bellyaching about it.

Source(s): Life

Now you know why her daughter and granddaughter don't help her. Some people are just nasty, mean spirited "users". The Lord also gave you a brain, my dear, use it, and leave her to herself if she's going to upset you. Be nice as long as she's nice, but if she is rude, tell her politley and stay away until she learns how to act.

hay all you can do is communicate with her, honesty is your best bet. you may want do do more then you are capable of. your best bet is to tell it like it is. you may also want to pray for her and her family, you can also tell her that she and her family are in your prayers. bottom line is you are a good person to care. keep up the good work:)

I realize that you have a good heart and that you'd like to help this woman but if all she does it beat you down emotionally, she's not worth your time.

When she does make you feel bad let her know that she is hurting you

Drop her like an Anchor!! Its not your fault she HATES the world!! Forget her, its her loser family's problem!!

JUST IGNORE HER