Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsBirds · 1 decade ago

how do you put a chicken to sleep!!!?

my dad said he knows how put i need to find out myself cuz he did it when he was a kid lol

Favorite Answer

Um..dude chickens sleep on there own that is a very silly question! ever notice when a chicken cuddles up and closes its eyes? its called sleep.

Dont listen to these idiots! If you need to put one to SLEEP as in kill it like the dog pound does dogs with needles or the gas chamber, then take it to the vet and have them kill it for you. But if you mean in a chicken pen or chicken hutch then they like to stand on bleacher type stairs in the house to sleep on. They will leave it in the AM to go eat all day long and return to it like a homeing pigeon at night time to sleep on. No matter how your chickens run loose in the yard or fields they will always return to sleep in the same exact spot every night knowing its a safe place to get some good rest.

hello (:

don't be afraid of the bird pick it up and hold it from behind. tuck it's head under it's wing, (choose one), don't force it. then gentely swing the bird back and forth or side to side. this will rock the chicken to sleep. my niece did this one winter and after she put it to sleep she burried it in the snow, when we found it we put it in our gas stove with just the pilot light on and it survived, she thought she killed it so she burried it, the things kids will do (:

Put his head underneath his wing and spin him around several times. Then let him go. He will be so confused and dizzy that he will stumble around, unable to lift his wing, and will fall asleep. Just don't let him stay like this because he could suffocate without your help to release his head.

Source(s): http://www.thedailycitizen.com/articles/2006/12/16... I do not condone the above practice since I am a lover of all animals.

Have it read all the "Am I pregnant" questions on answers...so redundant anyone would fall asleep.

Sing it a lullaby.

shoot it