Has America lost?

Two U.S. Border Patrol Agents have been sentenced to a

decade long prison terms for apprehending an illegal

alien at our border!

Almost as outrageous is that the illegal alien drug

smuggler, who was given immunity for testifying against

the agents is now suing the U.S. for $5 million, claiming

he was permanently injured!

I have just signed a petition calling for the President

to pardon these two Border Agents and I’m asking you to

join with me by clicking here for the full story and the petition:

http://www.grassfire.org/142/petition.asp?PID=1209...

Thanks!

Favorite Answer

You know - it's frustrating to get PART of a story and be asked to sign a petition based on that PART. Here's a blurb of what my research revealed...

Evidence presented during the trial revealed that on February 17, 2005, the defendants attempted to apprehend a Mexican National, who was transporting a load of marijuana, while attempting to flee back into Mexico near Fabens, Texas. During the incident, Compean fired approximately 14 rounds from his service pistol; Ramos fired one round from his service pistol striking the victim. Ballistics testing confirmed that the bullet which struck the victim was from Ramos’ service weapon. In addition, jurors found that the defendants intentionally failed to report the shooting incident to supervisors, concealed evidence and obstructed the investigation. Finally, jurors convicted Compean of collecting and disposing the spent shell casings expelled from the defendants’ firearms in an effort to prevent them from being used in official proceedings.

So - if you'd like to read the WHOLE story you can read the report from the U.S. Department of Justice at:

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/txw/press_releases/2006/...

And to the asker - please - if you're going to post a semi-"Non question" - get all of the facts straight first. Thanks.

I agree with you that the situation with the boarder guards is wrong. But it has nothing to do with immigration (I am pro immigration).

But that isn't an illegal alien situation, that just shows how liberals turn our justice system inside out. The liberals make right wrong and wrong right. Their goal is to imprison the innocent and let the guilty go free. The liberals have really F* up this country.

But this isn't about immigration. In this case, they border patrol shot a drug trafficker in self defense. He has sense sued the US Government for civil rights violations. The border guards are Hispanic, too!

I will have a lot of respect for Bush if he pardons these gentlemen soon. Why would liberals want to put family men behind bars and let a drug trafficker go free?

They were not trying to apprehend them, they shot at human beings trying to run away, so they fired guns at their backs and then lied about it, what part of ILLEGAL don't you understand.

• only p

Ironically that same man criminal has been arrested again for the same crime. These guys were just doing their jobs. Good Luck to them.

Looks like we are losing....Americans are prosecuted every day for ID & SS fraud while our country turns a "blind eye" to illegals committing the same acts!

It's hard for me to imagine how our country has turned on it's citizens "just doing their job"......

I signed the petition for more faxes to send for Americans go to

http://www.numbersusa.com/ (no spam)

There are always two sides to every story. Where's the other side?

That just stinks of biased reporting, I want to see the full facts of the case before making any sort of decision on it.

Yep, your country is f*cked up.

Stop voting for moronic Presidents who come up with moronic policies.

Well, everyone should sign the petition !!!