It's the Holidays?

I have three kids, how mant presents should I give each of them? I have an 11 year old, a 8, and a 6 year old. I don't know how many presents to give each of them. And I'm not poor so I have the money.

Favorite Answer

Ok...this can be a difficult situation, especially with kids that are old enough to know that one of their brothers or sisters got more presents - or got more money spent on theirs. I would suggest an equal number of presents for each...and not too many so that they learn to enjoy opening them as a treat and not a - "Ok, this is awesome - where's my next gift?" sorta thing.

What we do at our house is sit in a circle and take turns opening gifts, and we all have the same amount - that we things don't get rushed and no one thinks that it is unfair.

In direct answer to your question, I would say that four or five gifts each would be appropriate...1 large gift, two pretty nice gifts, and two or three small - but cute - presents. It works at our house! We have a pretty tight Christmas budget, but no-one goes to bed Christmas evening disappointed.

I always set a budget for each, then I check what is on their wish list. The oldest one wants a big ticket item - so they might get that plus a couple of smaller gifts. The other two might get more items but all worth the same amount.

It's nice to see the tree area loaded up - and great to see their eyes bug out.

It's hard because at their age they are all about fairness - "hey no fair she got 11 presents and I only got 4".

Happy Holidays!

It doesnt matter the number of presents.. I put a certain amount for each child and when im done, im done. I ususally do about 500 for each of my triplets(3yrsold) and 300 for my 1 year old daughter. Although this year I am doing something different and getting a big trampoline for them to share, a golden retriever puppy, and then some games/real presents that they asked for. It all depends.

Hopefully you've already started christmas shopping!!

I Hope I can help. I have 4 children. 12yrs and 10yrs girls twin boys 6yrs. They all want different things. So I always take them to see Santa that way I know what they really want, and let Santa bring those items. As well as any other items I think are cute that way you can always say well Santa thought you needed those things. We usually only tag the clothing from MOM and DAD. As long as they have the things they have ask Santa for they don't seem to care what else is under the tree. So do what ever you are comfortable with and remember it's not all about numbers just the enjoyment they get from the gifts. More importantly the morals you are able to teach and the traditions they are blessed with that they are able to take with them through life.

• x

The 6 and 8 year old, a lot of presents that are cheap or small things..

The 11 year old, half as many because his/her will be more expensive.

I wish you well..

Jesse

Just because you're not poor does not mean that you have to buy them a lot of extravagant gifts... I am poor, and I also have 3 children, we will get them 3 gifts a piece,and a gift from Santa, and after Christmas if they want something else then they can do their chores and make money to buy what they want.

?? it just depends I have 2 daughters under the age of 4 I gave them 10 presents each. and that included 1 Big Santa gift.

?? maybe 7-12?

CC

what do they want? some kids want just one thing, other want a million things.

give them about 6-12 presents each.