Why do I keep getting this error on my computer?

I will be surfing on the net reading something or whatever then suddenly this error message pops up saying something like C:/ProgramFiles/something something dbg.help/dll is not a valid windows image or something then it says something like please check against your installation diskette or whatever. what the heck does this mean? when i get this, i cant continue on to what i was doing. i have to click ok or the x and then the page closes and i have to get back on the internet again. so what could this be? and how can i fix it bc its getting kind of tiring! thanks.

what if i dont have an installation disk? i dont think i have one.

Favorite Answer

You need to clean up your computer.

Go to Control Panel - Internet Options and under General Tab, Temporary Internet Files section Delete Cookies and Delete Files.

Also get the exact name of directory in Program Files folder that you are asking about. Then let me know. Probably could be a folder that you can remove, but want to make sure 1st.

basically the error your getting describes a corrupted file. what you would normally do would be either reinstall the program that is causing it (you can guess the program causing the error from the program path name c:\Program Files\<name of the folder the program is installed in>\filename of the file it is having problems with), or redownload the dll causing the program (google for it) and overwrite the original corrupted dll.

However, as the program is firing off when your using the internet I would be careful that it isnt a trojan or virus that was damaged by your anti-virus 'cleaning' the file. First i would find the program causing the prog as explained in the paragraph above, then find out what exactly the program is - if you decide you dont want it, use the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel to uninstall the program, if you want to keep it reinstall the program or download a dll (careful where you download it from, make sure its from a legitmate site - nothing stopping anyone rewriting commonly used dll to add your own bits to it)

via any possibility are you utilising facebook and recieving those errors? I guess you dont get them everywhere else do you? it quite is facebook subjects! crammed with bugs. i'm getting those errors on facebook.. Had one a jiffy in the past assorted circumstances! i understand that may not my memory as i'm on an Alienware laptop with 4GB DDR2 twin Channel PC6400 RAM... My memory utilization is sitting at 408MB out of 4096MB. ***EDIT*** it quite is Java having subjects... Its inflicting the website document to overflow. Up your website document ;o)

Hopefully you have access to your operating system cd that came with the computer. If so, throw it into the cd/dvd drive and go to Start -> Run -> type in 'sfc /scannow' then click 'OK' This is the system file check command.

Was this your computer? Did you activate the program when the cd was installed.Need to reinstall the instalation cd and activate the key code sounds like to me.If it is your program,if not you will need to buy one.Good luck.

Try cleaning out your computer cache, cookies. You may want to consider grabbing this free program that does it all for you

http://www.ccleaner.com/

you need to let your computer rest. You've been on it to long. It is going to keep sending that error because you stay on it so long. You need a rest and so does the computer.