do you know a lot about playstation 2 games?

I bought my dad call of duty 3 for playstation 2 I just happened to notice on the bottom in small writing it says online broadband only what does this mean.....??? It is the right game? I just never seen this before on a game and I am not sure what this means for it?? any clue??

Update:

He can play this in his playstation 2 right?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

YEs- it can still be played one person, what you read indicates that the multiple player portion can only be played on a broadband connection, not dial-up.

• 1 decade ago

Yes I do know enough about PS 2 games. Enough to tell you that you got the game from Europe, because there was no american or canadian release of Call of Duty 3 on PS2.

As for the whole "broadband only" this means that you can only use a broadband connection to go and play online.

• Fallen
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

That little symbol means you can play that game online. The PS2 has online gaming, and a lot of games for it support this now. Especially the FPS war games.The broadband means that is the type of internet you have to have in order to play the game. Dial-up will not work, the lagging, the waiting, loading and all that horrible stuff that will be frustrating. He can still play the game on his system. No worries.

• Pookie
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

You can still play it in the ps2. It just means that if you play it online you can only play it with a broadband connection.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Baters
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

It means you can also play it online on broadband. You can still play it for PS2.

• Z
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Broadband is a high speed internet connection like dsl or cable.

• 1 decade ago

yes it can be played on line or offline

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.