clockmunky asked in SportsBaseball · 1 decade ago

If my brother's friend met Albert Pujols, and I met my brother's friend, did I meet Albert Pujols?

through the transitive property, (if a=b and b=c then a=c) of course.

Favorite Answer

No, you are misapplying the logic. Since your brother's friend does not equal Albert Pujols, meeting your brother's friend does not necessarily mean that you are meeting the same. Now if you re-phrase it to say My brother's friend is presently meeting Albert Pujols, and I am presently meeting my brother's friend, then the answer is clearly yes.

• No. That means you only met your brother's friend who then tells you that he met Albert Pujols.

you met A Albert Pujols but not THE Albert Pujols

nope it just means that you met the person who met albert pujols

If I met Mickey Mantle, and Mickey Mantle made love to Agie Dickenson, did I, therefore, make love to Angie Dickenson?

Sadly, the answer is NO.

no, because your bro's friend doesnt equal Albert Pujols, and you dont equal your bro's friend

• Ryan S

you did not meet pujols because to meet is not to equal

• cma80

wow that shakes the foundation of life!! THat means that somewhere down the line you slept with Jessica Alba then right? Right?

No, that's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

What the hell would make you come up with something that ridiculous.

Wishful thinking I'm guessing.

• Beau R

Not directly. This relates to the theory of "every six people know someone that you know." It has been proven, but not scientifically, on two occassions.