I have movies on my PC and I want to transfer them to my DVD can any body help me to do this?

Some of them AVI and other MPEG

i try to write them on CD but the CD does not work in my DVD.

Favorite Answer

You need a software that can covert and burn to DVD in DVD format. Much of the simple ones are available at www.download.com. I would recomend Nero 7. It is the best but its not free. If you wan it just e mail me at tmncon@yahoo.com.

Nero 7 converts all video formats into standard DVD format which can be read by any DVD players. It is also the easiest way and it even lets you desigh menues.

First thing you need to check is the format your DVD writer outputs. Is it DVD-R or DVD+R? Also check if your DVD player can play those formats too. Some computers can only output one type or the other. If they are compatible then you can start burning.

There are numerous software out there that you can purchase or use on a trial period. I suggest using some trial software to see which one you are comfortable using. They can range from easy to set up to "you gotta be a rocket scientist" to use.

Get DVD burning software and a DVD burner, done.

u can burn the cd with cd writer

get nero burner software on line. http://www.nero.com