How does a christian celebrate Mythmas?

Do you have a mythmas tree and mythmas dinner. Do you go to church and praise the myth?

Hey Lesley, lighten up. Have some fun.

Favorite Answer

Lol that's a good one, I like the sound of Mythmas. Though, I'm not sure many people would get it. There'd be the odd one or two who think I'm celebrating the birth of Mithra or something.

Next year, I think I'll be sending everyone Mythmas cards. Don't be surprised if it's called this in the next century or two. :)

Well here's a little thought for all those poeple saying Christmas is pagan. The day may have been chosen because it was the pagans day to worship the birth of their sun god but it doesn't matter what day it was. We celebrate Christmas because we want to recognize the day he came into this world even if we aren't sure what that day is.

So christians celebrate the birth of Jesus on a day that was not his birthday. Wait, on a month was not even near his actual birthday. That's pretty wrong, its like telling someone happy birthday like 4 months after the fact. Is it even valid anymore?

Christians observe the Pagan festival of Saturnalia at the winter solstice (when the day and night are of equal length)? It's not a Christian holiday at all, the early Christians just appropriated it to get new believers to mark Christ's birth, even though Christ is reckoned to have been born in October 4BC. No doubt they all know this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturnalia

Cute.

Here's one for you. Why do people around this place have to knock everyone else's religious beliefs?

If you don't believe fine. Don't celebrate. One of my best buds is an athiest. She doesn't do christmas, but buys my child and other children she knows christmas presents.

Her fav celebration is Halloween (decorates her house up just as gaudy as I do mine for christmas, but her's is scarier). And I buy her a Halloween gift.

If we would just learn to respect one another's beliefs (and lack there of) wouldn't this be a nicer world than one in which someone tries to goad and hurt people with "How do you christians celebrate MYthmas"

I dont' . I celebrate CHRISTMAS. Hope you have a great time celebrating whatever you believe in

Source(s): ADD: I'm having a great time Dino! Christmas party at office is today. And yes, my athiest friend will be there. My Jewish friend organized it.

Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience...." - Colossians 3:5-6

• <><><>

Would you care to join us?

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

looks like dino found a new woid an taw it on da tee wee grow up

Great question...never heard it called mythmas.... Little do most of them know the way we celebrate mythmas in this country has pagan origins... That's why I LIKE celebrating the holiday.

The same way you celebrate Festivus.... its for the rest of us