Can anybody tell me how to pronounce Indonesia and Tunisia? bcuz I'm getting confuse?

what i know that it is pronounced Too-Ni-zha and Indo-Ni-zha

but somebody told me it's Too-Ni-Ziya and Indo-Ni-Ziya

so who's right?? plz tell me

• Taivo
    Favorite Answer

In America it is too-NEE-zhuh and indo-NEE-zhuh. (The uh is the same sound as in "cut", the ee is the same sound as in "knee"). The "siya" pronunciation is called a "spelling pronunciation" where someone sees something spelled and thinks that they have to pronounce it that way. The truth is that the "i" in the ending IS there--it combines with the "s" to make the "zh" sound.

Source(s): I am a Linguistics professor at a major US university, as well as a native speaker of this glorious English language
    • Peter S6 years agoReport

Neither of these are English words, though.

Tunisia Pronunciation

I am a native Indonesian and have been teaching both Indonesian and English languages in High Schools and Colleges, in Indonesia, Malaysia and Australia.

The correct pronunciation for Indonesia is Indo-nay-seeya

and for Tunisia is Too-nee-seeya.

doesn't really matter. Tu·ni·sia [ too neezha ], Indonesia [ indo neezha ]. from encarta.

For me, they are In-do-ne-sia and Tu-ne-sia respectively. Have a Merry Christmas!

boo lousy professor spelt wrongly. indonesia pronounced in native is een-dough-nay-see-ah. in english it's een-duh-nay-seah. im indonesian

try to say it out loud.

In-do(rhymes with "no") neee- sia (say" see ya!") In-do-nesia

TUNISIA sounds quite different!

try to say it out loud.

TU (t-you)-nisssss(as in hiss)-sia (see ya!) Tunisia