Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 decade ago

the harrington&richardson revolver is model # 928 instead of 929 does that make it worth more or less?

i have owned this revolver for 25 years and a friend asked to buy it. that is why i wanted to know its value.

• bferg
    Favorite Answer

I don't see a listing for a 928. The H&R 9 shot .22 revolvers listed are: Models 900, 901, 904, 905, 922, 923, 926, 929, 930, 939, 940, 949, 950, 976, and 999.

Also, 100% pricing DOES figure that the gun is new in the box and unfired. After a gun has been fired, even with the box and any paperwork from the factory, it is considered 98% at best.

Source(s): 27th Edition Blue Book of Gun Values and attending guns shows in NE Ohio and Ohio Gun Collecors Association shows since back in the mid 70's. H&R's have never been a very collectible gun, but as other brands have continued to go up in price the better ones have gone up in value somewhat. I personally know a few people that started collecting them just because it was an inexpensive brand and they could afford to have one of each model for the price of just a few other brand name guns, especially if you're looking at pre-'64 Winchesters or the high end double barrel shotguns.

I have a modest collection of H&R pistols and have never heard of a Model 928. Possibly it's a 929 that's been mis-stamped.

As the other guy mentioned, they're not particularly collectible, but it is an inexpensive gun to collect. Most of my revolvers were bought for under $100. H&R has a very long history.

Vince

• lotta

very sturdy! Have a movie star. right this is one... *New Rule*:below a million% of the inhabitants must be on the cellular telephone at any time. You act such as you're having an important communique while all human beings understands you're wrapped up in a myth the place you remember. think of i'm incorrect? What have been your final 3 calls approximately?

I bought mine for $35 , 4 years ago.