should america have a monarchy?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

No monarchy for us please. We can't even be trusted to pick a decent president, who would they decide to make king/queen. Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Oprah, Donald Trump...the next American Idol. Better yet they would make a reality show and call it American Monarchy ...who will be the next royal ruler.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Properly understood, there is every advantage to a monarchy.

I am for restoration of the Habsburgs in Austria.

It was a woeful day when Mexico committed regicide against Maximillian and the Mexican monarchy. It has suffered ever since.

The US is going the way of all democratic republics and becoming a statist empire.

• 1 decade ago

Americans couldn't even handle the nation of Hawai'i having a monarchy! They convicted the Queen of treason (for trying to rein in the Americans taking over govornment), proclaimed themselves the new govornment, and eventually annexed Hawaii to the US.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apology_Resolution

Source(s): come on - it's our history! google it
  • 1 decade ago

no, america was based on the idea that no one person should rule a nation, so if we did have a monarchy then we'd have to completely change everything about america

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • that would be a recipe for disaster, who wants power to be in the hands of few (the royal family) forever? c'mon everyone is equal, we need to change the govt anytime we are not happy with what they are doing, how would we change the mornach if they messed up and we want them to get the hell out of power?

• 1 decade ago

the colonists complained about "taxation without representation"; now they have seen it WITH representation.

Are they/you considering requesting a Restoration? England did that after they had tried the republican form for a while.

• 1 decade ago

they got too many Kings already. Elvis, Micheal Jackson, Dicaprio....etc

• 1 decade ago

It is not possible..how the US citizens will become subjects? Who would be the King?

• already has it.......

The Bushdsor family..........or may be

The Bushrbon family..

King George I abdicated on his son King George II..and this one, will abdicate in his brother Jeb I, which is the Prince of Florida.

• Wendy
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago

Absolutley not. Canada either.

Could you imagaine the caos that would cause?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.