Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareAdd-ons · 1 decade ago

what is graphics card?how can i know which graphics card is in my computer?

plz do ansr 2nd part of the question

Update:

IS INTEL(R) 82915G/GV/910GL EXPRESS CHIPSET FAMILY A GRAPHICS CARD?

IF SO, DOES GAMES LIKE NFS CARBON WORKS ON IT??????

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

A graphics card is used to process and display the things that you see on your computer monitor.

There are a few ways to find out which graphics card you have. It depends on which operating system you are using - Mac OS X, Linux or Microsoft Windows.

If you are using Linux, simply type "lspci" - you will see a list of all attached cards.

In Microsoft Windows XP you can go to the device manger (control panel -> system -> hardware), or from display properties (right-click on your desktop and select "properties).

• 1 decade ago

A graphics card is an add-on hardware device that plugs into (usually) an empty PCI/PCI-Express slot on your motherboard. This nifty piece of Hardware helps by performing tedious computations that need to be performed while using graphics-intensive applications like games and simulation/CAD software. Without a graphics card these calculations would have to be performed by the processor itself which will slow down your PC considerably.

To find out what make of graphics card you are using, in WinXP, right click on the "My Computer" icon and click on "Properties". Then under the "Hardware" tab, click on "Device Manager". This will let you look at all hardware installed on your machine including your graphics card.

• 1 decade ago

Graphic card is most important part of computer we connect our monitor data cable in it it contain on its connector 15 little wholes its important to see the graphics on your monitor

To know which card is in ur computer :-

there are 2 way to know

IF ALREADY UR GRAPHIC CARD WORK PROPERLY SO ON UR PC WHEN ON SO RIGHT MOUSE CLICK ON THE MY COMPUTER AND SELECT PROPETIES AND THEN CLICK ON HARD WARE NOW CLICK ON DEVICEMANAGER AND DOUBBLE CLICK ON DISPLAY ADAPTER THAT WILL UR GRAPHIC ADAPTER COMPANY NAME

• 4 years ago

Leading 3D Animation Software - http://3dAnimationCartoons.com/?lSdq

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

control panel,display properties,settings,advance,adapter then un can see the MB thats d video card

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.