Are the questions asked on yahoo answers just for fun or can you get a serious answer.?

I think some people may want a serious answer to a serious question here on yahoo answers but all i've seen so far is silly answers to what is sometimes a serious question. If this place is just for kids and fun would someone please let me know and I won' come back and make an *** of myself...ok?

Favorite Answer

It really is both- and believe me the full spectrum of maturity and mind is represented here in this section of the woods.

I,myself am often too serious. But in my defense, most of the folks that blog in here are looking for answers to life, including some that are teetering on the edge. So we should, in my opinion,at least try to "hear" one another and be a help when we can.

This forum differs from other categories,in that this one deals with important life issues, including possibly, eternal fate.

Which reminds me of a funny joke I just heard...... sorry...see what I mean?

You can get serious answers, but for the most part it seems there are those that want to joke and make fun. Any time you put a serious ? on here, you'll need to weed through those and look for the good answers. Of course I wouldn't take anyone's advice on here unless they can back it up 100% or you check it out and find it to be rational. I think mostly there are a bunch of kids just playing around when you see the jokes and such.

I've asked questions that I really want answers to. Why waste time on asking rhetorical questions or where you're going to ignore the answers anyway. I also see that there are way too many silly questions out there. I think Yahoo Answers is a place for some people to kill time.

You will find that most people do try to give a serious answer to a deserving question. You must also realise that there are many irresponsible people around who love to spoil matters for others. Don't let them drive you away, because that is probably what they are aiming for.

I myself look for serious questions which I know how to answer, and the occasional silly answer I get to my own questions does not deter me.

Be philosophical about it and you will enjoy this great forum.

Yahoo! answers seems to be a cross-section of people of different ages from different places with different personalities. It is possible to get serious answers. I always cruise the questions looking for the ones that seem serious. There are people on here playing games, but you don't have to play if you don't want to. Us serious types can hang out together.

From my perspective it's just for fun. If Your going to take advice from strangers about serious stuff, particularly anonymous strangers from the Internet then You are making an azz of Yourself; and that in itself is hilarious!!!! Have fun with this or if You prefer, go home; it makes no difference to Yahoo or any one that is goofing around or serious. Hey, I hope You have a Merry Christmas and all the best for the new year!

well, although most people play on this site because they like to answer random questions and feel like they know everything, there are a few questions out there that people ask that are serious, ei. Questions about pregnancy, recipes, relationship problems, domestic advice, ect.

It does seem like it doesn't it?

I too find it difficult to get serious answers to serious questions.

I know what you're saying....but not everyone is a smarta*s*! It is irritating! You just gotta let it go....i get a mix of both kinds of answers to my questions. No matter where you go....there will always be the people who have to ruin the fun for others! Ignore them....! :)

all ive asked is serious questions and ive gotten some good answers. Some people (obviously) use it as a form of entertainment..... Stay!!