how much bass can u get from 2 10" subs or am i jus wasting my time with them?

Favorite Answer

The amount of bass depends on a lot of factors.

Most of them are covered here:

http://spkrbox1.spaces.live.com

Source(s): 25 year electronics technician, audio guru

U can get a good amount pending on what frequency you would like. For a good sounding bass and something thta will last a while will be the MTX 7500. They are very efficient and you will be pleased with this woofer, but if you would go with the 9500, this will give you all the bass you need and some. Can handle good amount of power and a hard woofer to blow. I would be suprised if u do.

Source(s): www.mtx.com

depending on what you have (cd player, amp, etc etc)...but say every other compontent is the same and you choose between 2 10s and 2 12s of the same brand...2 10s will hit harder and give a lot better deep bass sound...2 10s are better than 2 12s unless you really upgrade an amp...also 1 12 usually sounds better than 2 12s...get 2 10s of a quality brand (mtx) or massive, a really really really good competition sub.

I run a SINGLE 10" Infinity in my system with 760 watts, and I couldn't possibly be happier with it.

I can't hear a thing for a couple of minutes after I park my truck...

Seriously, my system is about quality, not quantity, and a single 10" in a sealed enclosure of the correct volume is plenty for an extended cab pickup, in my opinion.

the bass amount has more to do with the frequency range and the power rating of the speakers and the power outage of your stereo. Size does not necessarily matter.

no way are you wasting time it depends on the speaker amp and box i had one spl 10 in ported box made for speaker 2600 watt ma audio amp turned about three quarters up in a 94 s-10 it hit so hard it made me dizzy

• JimL

if i recall corectly, a single Digital Designs 10" sub, hit 170 db. if you get the right box, and place it in a good spot, where it points at something that wont flex, it will be loud.

It matters how many watts they take and how you power them. it also matters who makes them. you can have a shitty pair of 15s and a pair of 10s will out do them.

fo sho u jus be wastin yo mf'n time, bia....so jus cheeeilllllll til da nekst epasode. wurd to ya mutha, sucka.

i had 2 10in JL audios and they hit like crazy.