DAVE
DAVE asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Answers · 1 decade ago

Do you think contributors to Yahoo answers should lighten up a bit.?

I realise that sometimes a serious reply is required but some humour would not go amiss surely.

Favorite Answer

David - your really not that surprised are you ? All the little trolls have to watch what the say. It's causing Bile back up. However, it does seem like people everywhere are a little stressed right now.

A serious question deserves a serious answer. If someone can give a serious reply and put a smile on someone's face, that's a bingo!

Humour is a wonderfull think and it would be great to have more of it here, but sometimes people with bad manners post ugly replies and comments, pretending to be humorous. I do not think this is funny at all.

Respect for everyone, regardless of opinions, beliefs, etc should prevail, and respect is shown in the way we treat each other in our posts.

This site is where people go for some help. Some times humor within an answer or a totally humorous answer may be the remedy we all need. We cannot live our lives in a manner that everything be taken seriously.

That being said, I do think it is important the the person posing the query gets a worthy answer. Sometimes the question itself is the humorous thing, and it strikes people in the wrong way.

There really is no right or wrong answer, since you question asks for an opinion.

If asking a serious question, it may be upsetting to get mulitple answers that are unrelated to the question posed. Though I don't ask any questions, I tend to just answer them, I do find it to be a good stress relief from time to time when one of the answers posed is filled with double entendre or is just downright funny.

Just my two cents

Humor is a wonderful thing. I just answered a guy's inane and idiotic question with a funny line. He sends me an email going on and on about ruining his post..blah..blah.. The other funny thing is somebody keeps following me around giving me a thumbs down. I've won several best answers because a thumbs down counts as a vote and that's how I won. The jerk is actually doing me a favor. Now that's funny. Keep 'em laughing and happy holidays.

• .

I think people that post here should follow the TOS and Community Guidelines. What some seem to think passes for humor, typically isn't worth an eye roll.

And while it's fun to chit chat and banter, that's not what this site is designed for. There are plenty of sites with message boards and chat forums, Answers tries to be different...I appreciate those that try to help them succeed in that. I can chit chat and post nonsense on a number of other sites (and do)...that's not why I come here...

Sadly, at this site, irony is dead and sarcasm is just a hard work do spell

A little sarcasm can go a long way.