I need help please.?

I have these two friends that absolutely HATE each other. No matter what I do or say to get them to like each other, they just keep on hating each other. How should I solve this problem?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Unfortunately, you cannot "get them to like each other" but you can love them both. You can show them a better way. Your heart is in the right place--you want to make peace between your friends. However, you must realize that you cannot manipulate them into being as you would like them to be. Don't pester and don't insist, but do continue to seek that reconciliation between your friends by stopping them when they speak badly about each other when the other is not present. Don't take sides. And whatever you do, don't give up on them. You can be a bridge that brings them together, but don't insist on it; if you do, your friends' relationship is more about you than it is about them. Think about it.

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of G~d.

Source(s): J~sus
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

The key to the problem is a second question, the answer to which you havent told us. Why do they need to get along? Do they need to work together in some way? Are they in the same social circle and bump into each other? Why are they unable to just stay away from each other and "Live and let live"?

If they do need to interact, you need to have a good conversation with each seperately, and really listen to what the underlying concerns, issues or experiences are, and see if they have any common interest or common ground to build on, and what they themselves would be willing to do to rectify the situation.

• 1 decade ago

there must be a reason why your friends hate each other.. find it and try to solve it first... Then maybe you could try to go out with them together at the same time so they can solve their problem..

• 1 decade ago

Is there some law that says people with mutual friends must get along? Just don't put them in the same room.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

if the both of them cannot agree with each other that's OK, but make them to understand that you are friends to the both of them and your not going to favor one over the other. and that they should not put you in the middle of their mishap.

if they are true friends they will understand and maybe over time they will communicate a little better but for now let them be, do not force them to talk

• 1 decade ago

its not your problem its theirs!you are a good example of what we should be like ,you apparently care very much about your friends .but the truth is some people just cant get along it may just be their personalities clash but none the less you are tryng to be there for your friends

• 1 decade ago

ask them why they hate each other and try and talk to them and if doesnt work you have to make new friends coz they are just not gonna change

• 1 decade ago

it's best to let them cool down a little bit(if they just fought for a little while ago).. if they fought for a long, then try to make them be together for instance, you secretly invite one and the other to a cafe bar.. without let them knowing that the other is also going too.. sorry for my poor grammar...... hope it helps and merry christmas........

• 1 decade ago

Sorry, but you can't solve it. Some people or just like oil and water. They'll need to figure it out themselves......

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Minding Your own business would be a good start.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.