Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 decade ago

i have heard that before eating a meal if you drink water it slows your digestion.is it true?

Favorite Answer

Drinking water before a meal is an old trick for cutting down on the food intake. A healthy way to stay slim.

Yes that's true. Drinking water before eating a meal is diluting you digesting juice.

What I heard was if you drink water before a meal, it makes your stomach feel full sooner thus making you eat only a little amount of food.

I just have heard it too, I believe in it ,but always drink a little of water during the lunch.

dunno,but i know that taking water after a meal speeds up digestion.perhaps the opposite is true!i!

No it is the exact opposite and it will help you eat less by filling up your stomach with water. The water will help with digestion by lubricating the system.