Myka B asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 decade ago

a question for hair dressers: After hair has been conditioned, why does it have 2 b rinsed with cold water????

Every time I go to the hair salon, after my hair has been conditioned (especially deep conditioned), It's rinsed out with cold water. Why is that?

Favorite Answer

I don't know why they would do that I always use warm water to make sure I get all the conditioner out of the hair. The only way I would use cold water is after a chemical service to keep the color locked in.

• Henry

I'm not a hair dresser but I think it's to prevent ALL the conditioner being rinsed out. Conditioner is a light oil (yes like engine oil) which lubricates your hair, making it feel softer and tangle less.

The same reason when you use a deep conditoner you use heat with it. Heat will open your cuticule and let in color, perms, protein, etc. Cold will close it. You also can not put a color on your hair and go outside in the cold. The color will not take. When rinsing conditoner with cold water it will seal it in.

Because hot water will rinse all of the conditioner out and they want some of it to stay in your hair so it looks and feels healthier.

2 answers:

1.Because the cold water will seal the moisture and close the cuticle(making your hair shiny and soft)

2.Its a little trick in order to avoid tangles

cos hot water is not good for ur hair or maybe its just a coincidence ask ur hairdresser next time u go .