What's the difference between a Jacuzzi and a hot tub?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

nothing! Jacuzzi is the brand I think! A bit like hoover and a vacuum cleaner!

• 1 decade ago

There is a difference between a jacuzzi and a hot tub. A jacuzzi is meant to fill soak and then emty. A hot tub you dont change the water every time it more like a small swimming pool. Its crazy to drain the water. Uses tons of hot water usually comes with built in heater to keep the water warm. Your right about jacuzzi being a brand like band aid but thats the word to use for whirlpools not hot tubs. Also hot tubs are usually installed in a deck or in ground.

• A hot tub is warm water in a tub, or pool, ect., but a Jacuzzi has bubbles in them. The bubbles are the main difference between a Jacuzzi and hot tub.

Hope this helped you ^_^

• thomas
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

A hot tub has only warm water and bubbles. I believe Jacuzzi was originally a brand name but it is now used to describe a hot tub with jets.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

a jacuzzi is a tub, like a bath with of course the bubbles shooting out the sides. a hot tub is a whole different kind of tub that has seats you can sit in and bubbles shooting out the sides etc

• Laurie
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

difference jacuzzi hot tub bath whirlpools hotel room amenities

• Chad
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

all Jacuzzi's are hot tubs

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

None. Jacuzzi is a brand name.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

nothing really. One or the other may have a few more jets to propel water toward certain parts, but you will find that in whatever model you pick and price range. Some people just call it by a different name. A car or a vehicle?

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I don't think hot tubs necessarily need to have bubble jets.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.