were can I rent a coin counter?

I'm looking for a coin counter to use for the day.

In Chicago, Illinois.

• Nora G
    Favorite Answer

go to walmart and buy one, they r cheap probably less than $20

I don't know about Chicago but in the Canadian phone book there are listings for vending companies and coin counting companies,Ask at your bank branch or the manager of a large store in your area.If it's only for a day-maybe one of those pillar type banks that sort coins as a roll.You've probably seen them-four posts that tell you when you have $2.00 in nickels or whatever.It's near Xmas so they should be around somewhere.

Grocery stores have CoinStars. Machines that count your coins and give you a receipt to take to the customer service counter for your money. The down side is that they take about 9 cents/dollar. When my banks get full, that is where I go. Perhaps the bank would count your coins for free.

Do you want to make your own? Not a mechanical / electronic one, but manual.

Buy interlocking trays and cut holes for the second largest diameter coin in the top tray. All coins except the largest will fall through to the next tray. You get the idea?