Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 decade ago

Does succeding in things i enjoy and I'm good at can increase my self-esteem ?

Favorite Answer

It absolutely will increase your self-esteem. Doing things you enjoy makes you happy and doing things you are good at makes you feel like you can accomplish anything. This all leads to increased self-esteem.

Merry Christmas!!!

No, if you already know you're good at it, how can it increase your self-esteem? It works better when you succeed in doing something you did not know you could do, something you try hard to make it work... but its only my opinion!

• Yes it does,

Self-Esteem can be raised by others encouraging you, but what I find the most helpful is to find something new and suceed at it, like for me it was basketball, everytime i made that far shot i just felt so good all you have to do is find your "far shot"

It can build your self-confidence which in turn will increase your self-esteem.

Yes.

But more people make a career out of being discouraging to every aspirant. Sad....

Yes it does boost your self-esteem dramatically..

Source(s): personal experience.....

No success and fun is just likely to depress you and increase your feelings of worthlessness.

its builds confidence that tells your good at what you do

its healthy!

Of course it can... but don't let it go to your head, too much. ;)