Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 decade ago

Why do you say this stuff?

I dont understand why some women feel the need to go around and say untrue things about men, like "Oh, they only want to have sex with you" or "They're just going to cheat on you". Thats such a stereotype. I mean if some girls dont like being called the weaker sex or being referenced as only good for bearing children, why do they retaliate? I mean how can you honeslty expect to be treated as an equal if you cant show respect towards the other gender?

Note: Again, this only applies to like 25-30% of the entire female popluation, most are in the right mindset but I swear some are like on a 365 day period.

Favorite Answer

What can I say? I totally agree.

Unfortunately the way people use stereotypes is indicative of the culture, the kind of education they have "received" and "carry", the way they have learned to deal with difficult situations (for example, in case of betrayal by the other gender), the quality of character and so on. [Try to pass by these cases, be discrete and you'll have no problem, I guess.] For most of the women like these you describe this "equality" idea is an additional stereotype, even if they want to believe differently.

But there is a percentage of men (probably not you) who have adopted silly stereotypes about women, as well. Don't you agree?