What do you think of the name Jael?

Jael (pronounced Ja-elle- long a)

The pronunciation has a slight pause in the middle so both pieces are clearly pronounced- Ja-elle.

I came across it in the Bible (Old Testaments).

Not having a baby-- just thought the name looked interesting:)

I asked this question yesterday but I wasn't sure if people were pronouncing it correctly.

Favorite Answer

I like biblical names, but this one sounds too close to the word "jail" - or at least many people will pronounce it incorrectly and make it sound like that word. And, as it's written/spelled, it can be either male or female gender and I'm not a fan of the gender-neutral names...but then, that's just me. :)

• lotta

i did no longer lots guard Jael on ANTM, however the call is advantageous. purely finding on the call i could pronounce it "Jay-elle." i presumed the call Kale develop into style of unusual in "Distubia." It jogs my memory of the crummy stuff they beautify social gathering platters with. What appropriate to the call Chantal, like that lady that is on ANTM now? i presumed the lady that gained in an in the previous cycle had a distinctive call, Yoanna. in no way heard that throughout the previous. Congratulations on your new infant!

People are going to pronounce the name Jail, which I think we all agree isn't a very pretty name or positive name either. So unless you are providing the phonetics, I would skip this name.

i know a girl named Jael, she's about 24...it's a great name. very unique, but has a background (the biblical meaning)...it's not just something that someone made up.

People will pronounce it Jail

• People will pronounce it Jail - like lock up!

I love it. Is sounds Arabic. Is it a boy or girl name? That would be a nice name for a boy.

Happy Holidays!

It's pretty, but I don't think I'd use it because of the obvious connotation with the mispronunciation.

jayelle....i like it....ud have ta pick a really cool middle name 4 it tho.....jael davis jael sumthin....

• I like it, it sounds arabic,

is it for male, or female?

if male I like it.