Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

A Scam or True?

I often hear form christians that when God is ready to take someone he will and that free will is woven into his plan. How do we know that it was his choice to take someone. If free will was woven into his plan and a mother kills her children because God spoke to her and told her to then was this God taking someone at his choosing. If God is good then why take children or anyone for that matter via terrible disease or tragic accidents. These are not free will choices. If he exist why not choose a different path eventually we will all go to heavin if it does exist so it's not like they'll be missing any souls. Moses climbed a mountain saw a burning bush, heard a voice and returned with some rules, that's accepted. We see a homeless person standing by a barrel with fire trying to stay warm preaching gospel, he's crazy. God is clearly hands off until you reach heavin so why pray. He does not intervene in any other way. He apparently created man and earth to take it's own path.

Update:

For those of you who believe in prayer, pray to God not to take another childs life through disease, famine, horrible accidents or deliberate actions. I would burn in hell for eternity in exchange.

Update 2:

Here's what I've noticed about christians. They either think these are stupid questions, ignore it and give there opinion on religion without answering the hard questions or simplify it without giving a reason.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

"Here's what I've noticed about christians. They either think these are stupid questions, ignore it and give there opinion on religion without answering the hard questions or simplify it without giving a reason"

They don't like when you try to bring logic into a debate. Religion thrives on ignorance.

• 1 decade ago

I find it interesting that anyone crazy says God told me to or that they see him and so on, I also find it funny that so many people use God to explain war and that terrorists are "doing" what they do in the name of God would it not be funny if we had it all mixed up and that God was really the Devil himself, com-on don't bash me I am just saying it could be a possibility.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Too many stupid questions right now....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.