Are there any alternatives to burial & cremation when you die?

I know you can leave your dead body to medical science for research & also in India/Nepal Buddhists leave bodies to be eaten by vultures. You can also be 'buried at sea'. What else is there?

Favorite Answer

You can be mummified, or have your body preserved like what they did to the body of Philippine President Marcos. He died in 1989 and to this day you could still go and see him in a glass case in his home town.

I love this one! Someone really did this. After being cremated, he had his ashes mixed with paint and then sprayed on to a Harley Davidson so he could ride for ever! Personally, I want to be fed to a Great White Shark!

There is a REALLY cool alternative. I forget the name of the company, but for a large fee, they will make your remains into a diamond! It takes pressure and heat, but the carbon in your body in turned into a diamond. I think this is the coolest thing!

You could be cryogenically frozen, so that you could be brought back to life in the future. A bit like what they did to the Queen Mother, I reckon.

Taxidermy. I'm thinking I will be put in a pose like Marilyn Monroe and that white dress.

Source(s): NOT.

Ascension. I believe there were only two instances in the Bible where two did not die a physical death but just ascended. Don't think that will happen again though but you did ask if there were any other alternatives.

Source(s): Bible

If you got the money for it they can make a diamond of your remains, Called a lifegem which can be mounted in jewelry.

You could be stuffed and put in a room in a relatives house. That would be cool!

Wow. You actually sit around thinking about this stuff?

• ven

flown to space or moon.