How old was the Virgin Mary when she had baby Jesus?

I hear 14.

Favorite Answer

i hear 14 as well or 15 at the latest.

she died about 2 years after the crucifixion of christ

and was a second wife to joseph, and joseph was a very old man.

at least this is according to the manuscripts of history.

mary gave birth to other brothers of jesus and sisters too. and was NOT a perpetual virgin.

When you see the stories of nativity showing Joseph and Mary involved in romantic Love, forget it, that part of the story is false tradition and poetic surpluss.

Around 15

i think.. that back then you were basically a grown up at 12 or 13... though i'd checkout some sites online. 14 sounds more than reasonable to me (hows that for a message for kids in school? :P)

the people i respect most? the like 25-26yr old married pastors with like 6 kids ;P Christians should get married like asap yo - dat'n is for ohio.. just dont make bad choices.

2nd wife? i'd never heard anything in that direction - maybe he's got lilith/adam on mind?

• lotta

The BIBLE does not tell. some say that she develop into in her young ones, some say even youthful, some say she develop into in her 20s. the only clue that i understand of is that her cousin develop into to old to have infants while she have been given pregnant with John, and Mary have been given pregnant 3 months later.

14 shocked,I had my first baby at 14 second at 15 and third at 17.I was very mature, I stayed at home with them until they were in there teens.We spent many hours reading the Bible together in all those years.What a blessing they are.

Since she was a virgin I'm sure she was young. The bible does not give her age.

• don't believe what they say on the tv. they don't know. the bible does not tell us how old Mary was. I rather believe the bible then the tv. no one even knows how old Joseph (Jesus stepfather) was either.

I think she was a teenager somewhere around 15 or 17....

Your sister,

Ginger

no correct age is defined in any book but obviously she was an adult

Not sure, but she was a teenager, all I know is that her fiance was double her age.