What's your opinion on homeschooling?

Did you homeschool your kids, or would you? (if you are a parent)why?

Favorite Answer

We homeschool our daughters because it provides better educational opportunties. We can customize their education and allow them to explore topics at their own pace.

Another reason we love homeschooling is we get to meet so many people! YES, that is right we get to meet people! We leave the house almost everyday! We have so much fun on field trips with our homeschool groups...groups made of kids of all ages, races, religions, and learning styles. The kids like to meet others and can connect with them based on interests not soley based on which 30 kids they got matched with for a class....to sit there all day long. They get to explore things together and play together...not just for a recess period and not by passing secret notes around the teacher.

We also chose to homeschool to allow our children to incorporate religion into their studies.

We homeschool because my husband's schedule is very demanding and he is able to see them much more since they are not stuck in school during the day (when he's home every few days).

We homeschool because my daughter would be bored in a class with her "age-mates" and public and private schools must follow administrative guidelines that won't allow her to join a different class.

Source(s): we homeschool our two girls
  • Manx

I was homeschooled ever since I was in sixth grade. I didn't mind staying at home all the time, I liked it better than going to regular school. I turned out alright. I have a job and my own house now, so I guess it's just as good as regular school.

I think that in the begining kids need to go to regular school and learn how to interact with other kids. I was around other kids and learned social skills when I went to elementary school. After that I was homeschooled through out junior high and high school.

Source(s): Personal Experience

i really think it depends on the child. i am not homeschooled but am not against it at all. some kids really benefit from the one-on-one attention that homeschooled children recieve and dont feel like they miss out on anything by not being in a school. but i do think school prepares kids for the 'real world' and teaches them a lot of lessons in getting along with others and making friends.

I think it is a bad idea, and creates a separate class of people. I think we should work on making the school system better. I think that the homeschoolers need to be regulated and supervised and be subject to random checks.

I was home schooled of a while and I loved it, because the school that I went to really was horrible, yes I'd home school my kids if it ever came down to it because I know how horrible schools can be and sometimes it's not just the students it's the teachers also

Source(s): Personal Experience

I think it would depend on the situation. If the school was not a good one and there where other people to interact with that homeshool as well or they move a lot, I think its great idea. But if there is a decent school then sending them there is better.

i don't like the home schooling concepts because in my opinion

the kids that are home school doesn't have a higher level of social skills to move on thut college as would a student that wasn't home school and have associate with other student there own age.

I don't think its a good idea (unless you live on a deserted island). Children need to get used to other adults except their parents. They need to learn to interact in the society - that is with other children. If they are kept at home they will have enormous problems in getting along in life later on.

The lack of social interaction scares me but I think it's ok.

im not homeschooled, but i think it's ok