bert asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 decade ago

Has anyone been circumcised with out an anesthetic when they were a teenager?

Does it hurt? if so how much as I am thinking of having it don't.

Favorite Answer

OUCH!!!! I've never been drunk enough to even think about it.

Some tribes in Africa, in the Philippines, and in Australia still do it that way. But in the USA, other English speaking countries, So. Korea, Polynesia (including native Hawaiians),etc. use an anesthetic (a cream which prevents pain or a shot to the penile nerve). This is now available for infants and anyone older. Why would you want to have it done without?

It is an outpatient practice, even for most infants.There may be some discomfort afterward for the adolescent or adult. Many have none at all.Most go back to school or work in a week or 10 days. No sex for about a month. See the references below.

Go for it. You will be glad you did.

Source(s): www.circinfo.com www.gilgalsoc.org www.circumcisioncenter.com

yes, i was circumcised that way. i came from a rural place where there were no doctors. when i was in grade 4, all my friends were already circumcised so they kept teasing me that i was such a coward. they said it was very painful and it would feel like you were bitten by a hundred horses. being a kid, i didn't know that horses don't bite. i was terrified but i figured that if they did it, i could do it too.

that summer i went to the only person in our village who performs such operations. he brought me to the river early in the morning with my father. it was almost ceremonial. he asked me to sit on a rock in the middle of the river, he had me chewing guava leaves and my father held my head up so i won't see what they were doing. i kept thinking about the hundred horses while the procedure was on progress.

i didn't really see what happened but my best guess was that the long slender knife i saw was inserted inside my foreskin, the blade facing upward and a fresh guava twig was used to beat the foreskin from the outside so that the blade would cut through it.

the operation was simple and almost painless, as opposed to what my friends told me. we used herbs to stop the bleeding and in one week the wound was gone. i was considered a real boy afterwards.

when i confronted my friends about the "hundred horses" thing, they all laughed and an old man asked me to keep it a secret. he said it as if we were having a mild conspiracy against small uncircumcised kids.

in our village, nobody gets circumcised by doctors. those who do so are often labeled as gays or cowards. only rich kids can afford doctors and rich kids are considered cowards.

Yes. In my native land on rural areas without doctors, circumcision is done using only a blade to cut the lobe skin. All the boys do is chew guava leaves...and its done it 5 minutes or less.

While if they wanted to they can always go to a rural hospital, this practice is preferred to show more masculinity and earn bragging rights. Those going to doctors with anesthetics are considered gay.

YES. With anesthesia is virtually *painless*. Its an quick, easy and no-risk procedure. You'll be fully healed in about 7-10 days.

Now some info on circumcision. Keep reading...

CIRCUMCISION IS VERY BENEFICIAL, its cleaner and several research bodies have concluded that circumcised men have less risk of contracting STD's such as AIDS-HIV or herpes.

Uncircumcised penises are difficult to keep clean, and more prone to infections and penile cancer, studies have shown.

A circumcised penis is naturally clean and virtually free from urinary infection. You will not have to worry again with careful washing of your penis.

Is it NOT true that the AAP (American Academy of Paediatrics) does not recommend circumcision. They simply say they leave the decision to parents. But recently, and specially after the New Zealand study, the AAP has been discussing if it may be necessary to change their policy and recommend circumcision to all newborns as they used to do, so in the future we may see that the AAP advocates again circumcision.

Have a look at: http://www.baby-health.net/articles/381.html

About STD's:

As I said, several studies carried out by prestigious research bodies have concluded that uncircumcised penises are more prone to infections and contraction of STD's, including AIDS-HIV. Circumcised men have been proved to be up to seven times less likely to be infected than those who are uncircumcised. Have a look at this site: http://icuxbridge.icnetwork.co.uk/news/tm_objectid...

As for women, studies also show that circumcision also protects female partners from AIDS-HIV and other STD's. Browse this article: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/Press_releases/2006...

About sensitivity of a circumcised penis:

No medical or physiological study has proved that circumcision reduces sensitivity, opposed to common belief. It is completely FALSE that circumcision reduces penis sensitivity. The American Academy of Paediatrics (AAP) confirms this on their web site; have a look at: http://www.aap.org/pubed/zzzjzmemh4c.htm

Circumcision is an easy and nowadays *painless* procedure, which has many benefits, and virtually no risks.

Circumcision is NOT an amputation. Circumcision is NOT comparable at all to female circumcision, which is something completely different.

Circumcision rates are INCREASING nowadays, both in the United States and overseas. Many African and South American countries with little circumcision tradition are starting to promote the procedure to help to reduce the AIDS-HIV infection rates.

Finally, this site has a lot of useful and *unbiased* information. Make sure you have a good look: http://www.circinfo.net

I have a friend who had that done. Even WITH anesthetic, he said it hurt pretty badly for a few days.

• Mystro

- yippppps ! ! ! - If you'r Jewish & you'r Parents are pushing this at you, give them this scripture - Deuteronomy - 10:16 & tell them you are now a Messonic Jew who beleives in JESUS as the messiah & need'nt sissor you'r pecker & then stand firm.

Otherwise if you go through with it, I hear you end up with alot less diseses, cause it's cleaner down there & there's less germs & koodies. Now, why with no anesthetic? but to answer you'r question- NO, ma-ma did mine at birth, thank GOD . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ( touchy subject though )

ow, hell no (touches penis uncomfortably) i can't imagine having it done w/out anesthetic as a teenager ooh (gives penis tug) no im happy with it done at birth

Dude get it done. Its awesome not havin to much foreskin. Plus the ladies like it better. It also doesnt carry diseases. I have never had a friend that hasnt been curcumsized.