Oliver F asked in SportsCricket · 1 decade ago

Would the Caribbean venues be REALLY ready fro the 2007 cricket worldcup?

Not only the actual play grounds but that of the infastructure & accommodation.

Favorite Answer

Ready, is relative! I'm sure that the games will take place in each of the Country's as scheduled. However, I have visited most of the sites in the last year and can tell you that they are all scampering to finish the new stadiums that each country has built especially for these 2007 World Cup Games. Some will not have had much of a chance to test everything out. Accomadations in places like Guyana are going to be less than most would expect. Inadiquate, would be the best way to describe what you will get if you are lucky.

YES,

As per now we don't see the venues to get ready by feb 2007 but the rate at which work is going on will make it.

In St. Lucia, Scotland Yard is training the local police for this event. The local government does not want to risk any kind of embarrasing situation to arise. My thoughts, it should be alright.

My son's school is right beside one of the main venues in Jamaica. Believe me, it will be ready. It's beautiful

However, the bigger question, is what about the malaria?

Why wouldn't they be? Most of the grounds there have competent groundsman who will do their best, I have no doubt on that. Apart from that, they may want to re-inforce the fences....lol.....some spectators do get a tad over zealous!

yes i think they will be ready

No

when in doupt