Oliver F asked in SportsCricket · 1 decade ago

Would the Caribbean venues be REALLY ready fro the 2007 cricket worldcup?

Update:

Not only the actual play grounds but that of the infastructure & accommodation.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Ready, is relative! I'm sure that the games will take place in each of the Country's as scheduled. However, I have visited most of the sites in the last year and can tell you that they are all scampering to finish the new stadiums that each country has built especially for these 2007 World Cup Games. Some will not have had much of a chance to test everything out. Accomadations in places like Guyana are going to be less than most would expect. Inadiquate, would be the best way to describe what you will get if you are lucky.

• 1 decade ago

YES,

As per now we don't see the venues to get ready by feb 2007 but the rate at which work is going on will make it.

• 1 decade ago

In St. Lucia, Scotland Yard is training the local police for this event. The local government does not want to risk any kind of embarrasing situation to arise. My thoughts, it should be alright.

• 1 decade ago

My son's school is right beside one of the main venues in Jamaica. Believe me, it will be ready. It's beautiful

However, the bigger question, is what about the malaria?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Why wouldn't they be? Most of the grounds there have competent groundsman who will do their best, I have no doubt on that. Apart from that, they may want to re-inforce the fences....lol.....some spectators do get a tad over zealous!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

yes i think they will be ready

• 1 decade ago

No

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

when in doupt

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.