why do some christians get uptight about 'non believers' celebrating christmas?

i mean i know its a celebration of the borth of Jesus but isnt it nice for there to be one time in a year when everyone can have fun and be seasonal?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

i heard on the news last night 80% of non-christians in America celebrates XMas.............i've never heard of christians getting upset about that, you're hanging around with the wrong "christians"

• 1 decade ago

And then there is the train of thought that 25th December is not Christ's actual day of birth, that it was originally a choice made by the Medieval Diocese at the time to celebrate it at that time of the year to help remove Pagan worship in Europe and Britain, until then it was celebrated as Yule (hence Yule logs (cakes) )

I think what the people you are referring to might be trying to say is that people don't seem to remember the real reason behind the celebration of Christmas, it actually isn't the presents and fun stuff it is meant to be a religious celebration, that's how I was taught anyway. but anyway Have a Happy Christmas and a good New Year from Australia.

• 1 decade ago

Well the situation is that Christmas is not about material things. Jesus is the Reason for the Season! Christmas is about celebrating the Birth of Our Lord & Savior.

You say, "isnt it nice for there to be one time in a year when everyone can have fun and be seasonal?"

Well to this i say: "It is not about the things you do during Christmas time, its about the Christmas things you do all the time."

I could go on forever... if need be i will.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I see your point, but, because it is a sacred time of year to Christians, it is disturbing to hear and see all the hype and never a mention of Jesus. It is almost like wedding crashers....they are just there for the fun and the food without any care for the family or the bride and groom. It is kind of insulting to have something so special disregarded and turned into something other than it's original intent.

That's all.

Merry Christmas and God Bless!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

As commercialized as Christmas is now, it's more about everything else but Jesus.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Polynesia.....nailed it......give the 10 to her.....she deserves it!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.