I need to know if anyone has some kind of info about the stripper clip guide for the m16 mag?

2 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Bound's hubby here:

    There is a sheet metal detachable stripper clip guide made to fit M16 magazines. Generally, it is packed one stripper clip guide to every bandolier of ammunition. The stripper clip guide slips snugly over the top back of the magazine and the ten round stripper clip is inserted into the narrow part of the stripper clip guide. The shooter then exerts medium to heavy pressure on the top of the cartridges (back third of shell) to force the shells into the magazine.

    Stripper clip guides and stripper clips can be obtained from either the Sportsman's Guide or Cheaper Than Dirt.

    Good luck.

    Source(s): Master Class competitive rifleman Expert Class competitive pistol shot Reloader of over 124,000 rounds Over 30 years of firearms and reloading experience. http://www.sportsmansguide.com/ http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/default.asp
  • 1 decade ago

    You need to get a mag charger. If you have a mag charger, as Bound said, you can use the plastic stripper clips that military 5.56x45 comes in and insert into the mag charger to load a magazine more efficiently. I've only ever been given military ammunition while in the military, but I imagine that if you were to buy old military ammo, the stripper clips would probably still be at attached to the ammo...or visa versa depending on how you look at it. Good luck. Also, I have no idea where you would get a mag charger civy side...but I live in Canada, and civys don't typically have much to do with anything remotely military. Maybe you'll have more luck in the States.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.