Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 decade ago

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows?

What do you think of the new title?

Great or dull ?

• Favorite Answer

I think that it's great! My friends and I (of the age that we were JK's target audience when she started writing and all, approximately) have thought that the darker books are best, and this seems to be keeping that going. Though I do sort of wish that she broke a different tradition, and named her book something that would tell us something about it before we read. (You know, why is a goblet filled with fire? Where is Azkaban, and is it bad to be a prisoner of it? Things we don't know till we read.)

The title didn't surprise me because I was expecting it to have something to do with spirit or a religious meaning. Since 'hallow' basically means to make something sacred, and the title is Deathly Hallows, then this must mean that Harry is going to become sacred or achieve some kind of state of human superiority by means that have to do with death. That's just my conclusion and my own theory, but it is supported by other theories I have read on websites.

There's this website that analyzes the Alchemy meaning in HP and so far they've been right about everything. They even predicted that the title will have a religious meaning and it seems like they were right. You should definitely check their site for more info on what will happen in the last book:http://www.harrypotterforseekers.com/......

well at first i though hallow means a manor or lair or something like that but then others say they look up to dictionaries and found out that hallow means to make something holy. But if hallow is a verb then why it could be added with an s making it a noun of plural form. Deathly also makes it ironic something that opposes the other... don't you think this is a holy object that could negate the effects of a dark object a horcrux perhaps...so it could make a protected person die of physical death without intervention of the horcruxes. i mean to look for the horcruxes will be a long job. I mean it took dumbledore fifty long years to find only one horcrux technically 2 but found by ginny weasley which was destroyed by harry... and in hbp found a fake horcrux that lead him into his supposed death... I'm completely psyched about this book... I can't wait for it to come out...

Gag me with a fork. If I was going to kill of any of my main characters, I would do it in such a way that the title of the book would be more attention grabbing, than this one is.

It sounds like Rowling got bored and decided on a dull-assed title for her last book.

• Heyhey

I can't really judge it until i read the book. It seems like its going to be creepy but cool!Im soooooooo excited for the book to come out. I have read everyone like 10 times. Some ppl say that since the 5th one they have gotton worst. I don't think that, its just her style sort of got different a little. Good different tho. I just cnt WAIT!!!!!!!! I wanna know what happens!!!!!!

I think that it sounds dull, and I am fairly disappointed in it. I am, however, very excited about the book.

It sounds grim...i hope jk rowling remebers she's writing a childrens series and that it'll be more uplifting...the last two books (order of phoenix and half blood prince) werent that pleasing to read. I hate the Dolores Umbridge character and the fact that Dumbledore is dead.

I think it's great because it sounds like there will be more deaths to come and sounds exciting!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to read that book.

i think it only implies that Harry will die on this last book of JK rowling...rumors are already circulating over the net..

I think it's dark and mysterious. It's very intriguing; makes me wanna read more than I already do.