cheap mustang reapirs?

my 1983 mustang gt caught fire on the freeway. the carburetor, intake manifold, wiring harness, fuel and vaccum lines, the hood scoop, and the fan shroud were all destroyed... the fire department also sprayed intho the dash board. what would be the best way to repair this vehicle? financially speaking.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

You dont need to get rid of it. Get a comprehensive wiring diagram and re-wire the whole car. It isnt that bad for you since it is a carbed car anyway you dont need very much wiring. Plus you can minimize all the wiring and make it look good. Also sell the engine for weight and build a new one. You could get a new dash someplace like YearOne but a custom job is always cooler and probably cheaper. Remeber this will take time and money but could be well worth it.

• 1 decade ago

The cheapest option is to convince your insurance company to total the vehicle and look for another '83 Mustang on eBay. Please trust me on this. The fire has damaged the wiring and even if you replace the dash and the engine, your eletrical system will have shorts in it. I'm sorry but your Mustang is dead to you now.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Man, that's a total. Cost you way more in aggravation and TIME to fix it than it's worth, and even then it won't be reliable. Get another one, if you like that year.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

get used parts from a junk yard

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.