why do men hate to answer questions about themselves?
- Sax MLv 61 decade agoFavorite Answer
I'm fine about answering questions about myself. Bring it on.
- 1 decade ago
Now here are the rules from the male side.
Please note... these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!
1. Men are NOT mind readers.
1. Learn to work the toilet seat.
You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down.
We need it up, you need it down.
You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.
1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.
1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.
1. Crying is blackmail.
1. Ask for what you want.
Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work!
Just say it!
1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.
1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do.
Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.
1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a Problem. See a doctor.
1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 Days.
1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, DO NOT expect us to act like soap opera guys.
1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us. You knew you were.
1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of them makes you sad or angry,
then we meant the other one
1. You can either ask us to do something
Or tell us how you want it done.
If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.
1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.
1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.
1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit.
We have no idea what mauve is.
1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.
1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," We will act like nothing's wrong.
We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle, besides we know you will bring it up again later.
1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, Expect an answer you don't want to hear.
1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine..REALLY
1 . Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, or golf.
1. You have enough clothes.
1. You have too many shoes.
1. I am in shape. Round is a shape!
1. Thank you for reading this.
Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight;
But did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.
- Texas TigerLv 51 decade ago
Typicaly it will depend on the question. I will tell you this. I have been married for 7 years and we started our relationship by asking questions. 100s of them about everything that we could think of to see how close a match we were. Sounds strange? Well it worked so I dont care how strange it was.
If you cant ask the questions, or he cant answer the questions.. then .. Im sorry.. you are not in the right relationship. You should be able to ask anything, and he should be able to answer everything. And you should be able to switch that as well.
- 1 decade ago
I think it's because they feel like the answers will reveal a part of them that they may think it's wrong to reveal... Maybe it's getting too emotional... A lot of men seem to have a fear of showing the true them, i think it might be the same kind of complex that we have, someone may not like them anymore, maybe a certain thing won't be god enough or sound bad, or maybe he's scared to put it wrong. there's so many different motivators for this...
I recomend taking a personal course on Psychology, or reading up on it a bit. It can give you quite the understanding.
Hope this helps, Merry Christmas.
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- No MoreLv 71 decade ago
Because men are a thousand times more insecure than women and we are afraid that if you know too much about us that you will lose respect or interest in us... not to mention throw it back in our face two years later.
- 1 decade ago
Because the questions asked are usually things like,
How much money do you make,
Are you looking for a serious relationship,
Are you still attracted to me,
Why dont you let me sleep around...ect
- 1 decade ago
because they always seem to be doing something wrong, and worried that you might find out that they are married with kids and your the person who they are having wild passionate sex with.
- your noonLv 51 decade ago
Not only men , all human are alike , men or women .
- jesse jamesLv 51 decade ago
i hate to answer this question.
- Anonymous1 decade ago
They want to be in control at all times.