Are stored FART in large quantity Flammable?

I'm thinking of ways to collect it as an alternative fuel someday

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

why dont you open a gas cylinder....and try your fart ...

share the results with us as well...best of luck

• 1 decade ago

yes but the half-life or in your case the shelf-life of FART or Flammable Analgas Retention Technology is short compared to most other biofuels such as hu-manure. FARTs are only good on average for several minutes. The crux of the winding path of this alternative fuel remains in finding a way to suspend rapid aerosol decomposition and still retain its flammability.

• 1 decade ago

Methane is flammable. A story was in the paper a few years ago about a farmer who put a tank on the back of his truck and ran the truck off of methane from chicken poop.

• 1 decade ago

Yes methane gas is highly flammable.....hoping you're not going to create a weapon of mass destruction!!! (even without the spark, it could cause harm to lots of innocent bystanders! - lol)

Source(s): Myself - an innocent bystander....
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Som™
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

Yeah if you store enough its flammable allright .

It contains mainly (CH4) Methane and H2S (Hydrogen Sulphide)which are flammable in nature.

• 1 decade ago

yes it is very flammable(even in small quantities), but i'm fairly sure it's cheaper to make it in a chemical plant then it is to use your butt!

• 1 decade ago

yes

it has large quantity of methane formed due to decomposition of plant(as well as animal ) matter

• 1 decade ago

fart gas is flammable i can assure you

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.