Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 1 decade ago

What will be the future of America?

• Bryan
    Favorite Answer

If history is a guidepost then the United States will eventually fall. This is just the nature of things. However, we will not fall anytime soon and our greatest days are still ahead.

I'm damned worried. I don't like the way how our country is going nowadays. You know what, this is just like the 60s-70s. It seems that all the blood shed from Korean and Vietnam vets is in vain. Can't we do something about this? Sure we can. I didn't live through the 60s or 70s because I was born in 84, however, I've read alot and, under my own conclusion, think that it's a good comparison. We need to worry about who's running our country, who gets into our country and how the average Joe feels about these issues. For example, I think that illegal immigration is a delicate issue. The illegal issue is very true and many moderate newspapers and websites have even said that Arabs are going to Mexico to learn Spanish, get into the States illegally and filter inot the States. I'm not a racist and really like to be open to others country but let's start taking care of our country. Now, I don't call all illegals the same thing. There are some that are drug dealers, thugs, etc. while others are very hard working people who've been cheated by the corporations. I feel sorry for the second group. I do think they should come into the States legally but maybe those cheated by the corporations should be given a second chance. I heard that Truman and Eisenhower both got rid of the illegals but had them come and work for the day, have the companies provdie them with what they need (transportation, food, etc.) and they would go back home at the end of the day. I don't know if this plan worked (anybody knows how this worked?) but maybe it could be a good compromise. Also about future in the States, I think we need to have open elections again. We all need to stop voting for the lesser of 2 evils and be open to a third party or independent candidate. What happens if the 08 election has this scenario? All the voters are fed up and there might be a third party or independent candidate polling strong with broad support and the best shot at winning the White House. We need to stop attacking ideas of electoral reform (Electoral College reform and electoral system reform) and debate about theses ideas. If we were able to unite our country many decades ago, why can't we do it now? LOL. Happy Holidays to all.

I wish I knew. More importantly, I wish all Americans would realize just how critical the answer to that question is becoming.

Edit: ixlinxs, for your information, I am not embarassed and I certainly am not fearful. What you may be witnessing is more along the lines of mistrust. Americans had the fundamental belief that most people in the world were good people and believed as they did that we are all duty bound to make the world a better place for all to live in and correct what is wrong in the world and be willing to fight and protect the innocent. We believed that everyone had the right to live their lives free of tyranny. We still do. Unfortunately what has become clearly evident over the past several years is that those we believed would stand alongside us to bring these attributes to the world have basicly abandoned us. I highly doubt what you are witnessing is embarassment or fear. You are witnessing mistrust. And forgive me for saying it, but based on your answer, you probably earned it.

bleak unless the people realize the iraq thing was a power grab by the liberals with no idea how to fix the problem...pelosi admitted publicly that her main agenda was to end the power vacuum from the last twelve years for the liberals...the shame here is most people dont understand this was a vote AGAINST iraq and definitely not for the liberals....and razor thin margins of less than fifty percent of the electorate hardly consitute a mandate as the liberal bias of the media would have you believe.

Division. Divorce of left-wing and right-wing Americans due to irreconcilable differences. The northeast and the west coast states will break away and form their own country leaving the midwest, Rocky Mountain region, and south as a different country.

Same as the present. There are still so many unfortunate weak Countries with WMDs to be eliminated in the world, which will keep American Industries and share market busy.

It depends. If George sticks around much longer there won't be a future

The future will be brighter in about two years.

Not looking good.

The war against islam was not a good move.

Americans will always be looking over their shoulder now.

We have noticed how much quieter and subdued they are when they visit our country.

I dont know if it is embarassment or fear.

ah shoot I was going to ask the Christal ball but I ran out of quarters!