Hello!! My hubsand and I have been trying to have a baby............?

Hello! My husband and I are trying to have a baby! But nothings working! We have been trying for six months and nothings working! Are there poistions that we need to try? I am using an ovulation kit...but not helping! If anyone has suggestions, they would be appricated! Thanks!

• Mrs_M
    Favorite Answer

It can take up to a year for the average, healthy couple to conceive. The position they say is best for conception is missionary with the man on top. Charting your basal body temperature is a good way to understand what is happening with your body and see when you're ovulating. Using the ovulation predictor kits is good but they don't work for everyone. Keep trying, and when you reach the one year mark then it's time to go to the doctor.

Source(s): Trying to Conceive for over 2 years

If you're just getting off the pill, it may take a little longer to get PG. Six months may seem like a long time. Make sure your husband knows all is okay. Husbands sometimes hide the fact that they think something is wrong with them & that's why you're not PG. Ovulation kits worked for me, but only after 6 months. Temping never did & was too time consuming. Good luck!

• Sylvia

Just relax and take it easy. An ovulation kit could really help. Remember that there is a small window in every month to get pregnant: 12-14 days after the last day of your period. Make sure to try during that time period.

If no one is a heavy drinker you are still in the normal time frame of 8 months more or less.

Stop the worry enjoy if you have a clock problem go to a Dr. otherwise relax have some fun.

Heavy drinking can make a man infertile and harm the baby if you drink.

Source(s): Five is enough.
  • Lydia

Don't stress out - that's the worst thing you can do. It's nothing to worry about after only six months. Put away the charts, the kits, the thermometer, and just enjoy each other - just take it as it comes.

I have been told the missionary position is the best way and to elevate your hips for about 20 minutes afterwards. There is also some lubricant that you can buy called Pre Seed that I have heard works GREAT in TTC.

Good luck!

Stop trying, temporarily. Put all of your focus on something else, plan a weekend away. Take a mini-vacation and focus on each other. Now I know all of this is hard to do because I tried for 16 years (not months, but years) to get pregnant. You need to think of something else, calm your nerves and relax. I now have two children. Try it!

on man on top position lieing with a pilloe under your bum for half an hour after intercorse dont make love everyday as it lowers sperm count.stop smoking if you do eat a good balanced diet.lots of woman my sister in law have tryed for this long she got to 6 months and was starting to panic but if you try to hard it just doesent happen you have to relax a little and let it happen she concieved in her 7th month of trying after taking my advice of forget your trying just think if it happens it happens if it dont it dont.and dont let it spoil normal love making

I have a friend who was having problem conceiving, her gynae prescribe her with fertility pills and after 4 months, she got pregnant... Maybe she's lucky... Why don't you try this option!! Good Luck!