In 1000 years, will any religions be classed as mythology?

Many *mythical* gods were once part of a belief system. Could that not come around again?

Favorite Answer

not sure the big religions we have now have tenure. make it 10 thousand years?

• undir

It is certain that today's belief systems won't be around forever. They will continue changing and they'll eventually be considered mythology, just like other religions in the past. Exactly how long it will take for them to change from common beliefs into being classified as myths is hard to tell.

I think so. I would like to think by then we will have evolved beyond the need for Gods. I would love to see a world where science is not held back because of imbiciles who still wish to adhere to ancient superstitions and centuries old fairy tales.

Just as people of today ridicule primitives for throwing virgins into volcanos to stave off an eruption or farmers chopping up goats to bring rain, future societies will ridicule Fundies for their stance against Stem Cell research.

Science is the key, Knowledge is the treasure.

To alot of people they already are. The statistics of religious following are greatly bloated. The next time you see a poll saying there are this many christians and so on do your own poll. I dont have a single friend who is religious nor do I know anyone other than a few family members who even attend church, and even THOSE family members dont follow the bible.

The world will have ended before then.

oh yeah, many christians will be ashamed at what they preached, taught, and believed. How crazy they are!

however, the worst mythology will be the athiests and satan worshippers, they will look for forgiveness from every saint they abused. Most will desire true repentance when they see God

• Em

Hopefully all of them, but then there will only be some other outrageous thing for perfectly sane people to do because someone tells them to.

Now how can we know that? It has a long time to get here and we

won't be here by the time that it does get here.

the flying spaghetti monster, :-)

• Why ''any''??

I suppose 'all' of the religions will be so classified.