What kind of engine can I put into my 2000 dodge neon?

I want to change out the exsisting engine to give it a little more power and also to change the auto trans. to a manual. I dont know what kind of engine i should get that will fit and work with my car. I am trying to build a show car, so selling the car just isnt going to work. Anyone who can help is much appreciated.

Favorite Answer

reubuild it and stage 3 turbo when it comes out!!!!!!

• erke

in case you have the money and dont plan on putting ppl on your automobile choose for the supra. in case you opt directly to tension ppl around the recent civic si is a thank you to go. they are rapid and characteristic the area 200hp. does no longer choose for the Bmw too high priced to maintain and that i had a sentra they dont carry fee. Mazda ehh no longer too specific approximately them yet. i'd persist with toyota supra or any honda automobile (acura). I tension a ninety six civic and beat the crap out of it on a daily basis. Its nevertheless going.

tho im not familier with dodges you might be able to fit their srt neon engine. changing from auto to manual is going to be a pain tho. good luck