quilm asked in Games & RecreationToys · 1 decade ago

How do you keep stuffed toys clean?

I have a great collection of them but they often get dirty - I don't know how. I usually wash with soap and water - any better ideas???

I love my toys as much as one would love their pets. So, I need better ideas than a washer.

Favorite Answer

Hi you could just wet a cloth and wipe all your toys clean. this is a gentle and nice way of cleaning the toys without hurting them!!

usually theres a cleaning tag on it, usually it is just put it in the washer but with some of them there is a certain process or whatever, if it is only dust then washer yes.

• Olivia

There is a product called Dryell for drycleaning in the dryer. I've used this to clean my 30 year old pooh bear and it worked great. I used to unstuff him every few years and wash him. Then i'd restuff him with new stuffing. With Dryell it's so much eaiser.

• Depending on what color it is, I wash mine with bleach if it is a light color diluted with water and just spot clean it. Sometimes I leave them in the bath tub w/ soap and water. I hope this helps!

• rosey

I put them in the washing machine on gentle wash and either place in the dryer or air dry them. My granddaughter has several that she plays with and I wash them quite frequently. I have not seen any wear or tear from washing them.

They probably get dirty because of dust. :P

Just stick them in the washer and they'll be fine.

take your stuffed animals, put them in a pillowcase(white works best) and then use the gental cycle on the washer.... good luck

just keep in it in a place where no dust can be found and wash it when it gets dirty

actually i have something and know exactly were you can get it you can get it at build a bear its fluffing spoap and you can clean your animals with it my niece does it all the times i bought her one

in the washer