Is christmas losing its popularity?

Get your christmas countdown here

http://christmas.jims-info.com/

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Of course not. Commercialmas will always be big as long as there's mass overpopulation, which results in a hell of a lot of kiddies who want a bunch of useless merchandise, teenagers who desire much more overpriced merchandise, and adults who believe it is their duty to spend loads of money to satisfy all these material cravings. *smiles* Hey, I'm not complaining. I love free sh*t. lol

• DeeJay
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There are many people that want it to be but they have caused a rebellion that has made Christmas even bigger. We have put Christ back into Christmas. Think about this. Without Christmas what would happen to all the of jobs that would be lost. Take shoes for instance. Just how many business and jobs are involved in making the shoes we wear. No, Christmas isn't loosing popularity. Oh ya . . . . there will always be the Bah - Hum - Bug - Scrooges. Christmas is celebrating the birth of Jesus and the gift of giving but we adopted Santa from the German and it has become part of the American culture. We have two reasons to celebrate. Meshing religion with culture or some celebrate it as our culture. It's not just the Christians that celebrate Christmas.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Here in the UK Harrods in London started the Christmas display at the end of August this year. It seems to be getting earlier here but the local councils are replacing Merry Christmas with Seasons Greetings as to not offend the Minorities.

What a load of crap!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Not in this house, not on my watch ! Christmas is alive and well, no Atheists here (and BTW, being an Atheist does NOT shock anyone, so if you're 22 yrs old, try the "Body Piercing" thing again, maybe it will shock someone the second time around).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Christmas is losing its real meaning. People are into so much of material things and has forgotten about the essentials like love, peace and forgiveness

• 1 decade ago

I think it has,it used to be for the hole family to get together and enjoy each others company, but now it;s all about gifts,gifts and gifts,not about family values.Pity.

• 1 decade ago

it's loosing it's charm, not popularity. people go with the motions, mass consumerism, chaos, people tread all the commotion of family friends, lots of cooking, etc.

• 1 decade ago

no i dont think so in the uk they start to celebrate earlier and ear;ier each year. most decs were up by mid nov this year

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.